Yes, I’m tired of talking about the election and the economy.
Let’s go back to one of my favorite topics: Battlestar Galactica.
We are now exactly three months from the launch of the final ten episodes. They will start at 10pm, Friday, January 16th, and go through until the finale on March 20th.
Additional fun to look forward to:
- The Caprica premiere movie is in production, with teaser trailer now available. No date announced yet, but this is the movie set before the first Cylon war, tracing the story of Admiral Adama’s father.
- Another Battlestar Galactica movie, set between Season 2 & 3, will also debut in 2009, directed by Edward Olmos, and be told from the Cylons’ point of view.
More information here on BuddyTV.
Now, quit reading if you don’t like spoilers.
It’s hard to ignore the Caprica story line and its potential impact on the concept of the Battlestar Galactica plot. The idea that humans developed humanoid cylons earlier in the timeline is hard to rationalize with what we know now.
We have ten episodes to find out:
- Who is the fifth cylon?
- Why are the final five different than the other seven?
- What does it mean that all this has happened before, and will happen again?
- Why did they say that Adama was a Cylon?
- What happened to Earth?
- Which came first, Earth or Kobol?
- Will the non-humanoid cylons rebel against the humanoid cylons?
- What is the fate of the human/cylon hybrid children?
Any other questions?
2 thoughts on “Enough with the Election… Battlestar Galactica Updates”
so much depends
a simple folk
stuck in the
of robots we will
While Mr. Williams rolls over in his grave, I’ll just add that the important story is how we get from us to them. Knowing that, everything else falls into place. It’s actually not so surprising to have a religious space-faring race if they’ve had no discoverable biological history in which to characterize themselves.
I’m assuming the Cylon detector works because those we call Cylons are online, thus susceptible to different radiation. Cylons as Bill Joy”s ‘grey goo’ is my guess, the goo trying to figure out its creators. Adama may not have been picking up charred earth in “Revelations”, that may have represented reunification.
Pingback: No Surprises Here « somcak’s journey
Comments are closed.