Today, John Lilly put up a really nice note on the Greylock Partners blog officially welcoming me to the firm. Needless to say, I’m both honored and excited to be joining such a great team.
We’re fortunate to be witnessing the explosive growth of not one but two incredible new platforms for consumer products and services: social and mobile. Both are literally changing the fundamental ways that consumers interact with devices, and are rapidly changing the dynamics for building successful new products and services. After spending the past four years helping to build out social and mobile platforms, I can’t wait to partner with entrepreneurs to help them build out the next generation of products and companies over them.
Over the past few years, I’ve shared a number of insights here on this blog about building great products and companies. Here are a few that are worth reading if you are curious about how I think:
- Why LinkedIn Hackdays Work
- Why T-Shirts Matter
- How Designers Can Get the Most out of Their Product Managers
- Rethinking IT as an HR Benefit
- Product Prioritization: Three Feature Buckets
- Want Engagement? Find the Heat
- Embrace the Minimum Necessary Change
- LinkedIn as a Platform
- Startups, Technology & Giambattista Vico
And of course, the most appropriate for this announcement: